Sunday 6 March 2016

An Offer You Can't Refuse - Commission a Pencil Portrait!


This pencil portrait was commissioned recently as an 80th birthday present. It shows the birthday boy back in the 50s, looking a little bit like a member of the Corleone family*. I really like the end result, the image is quite striking and very evocative of the time.

Whilst the reference photo was a strong one in terms of look and character, the size of the image made the sketch a little more challenging, as there was not a huge amount of detail to work with. This meant that I had to use a lot of artistic license in order to make up for the lack of visual fidelity.

If you want to make me an offer I can't refuse, please get in touch via my website, www.artbylukebennett.com where you can view more original artwork or commission a portrait.

*I'm certain the resemblance is purely superficial.

No comments: